Thursday, September 25, 2014

Who I am and Why I want to give back, by Samuel

My name is Samuel! I am 9, and I love to play football! 

When I was 4 ½, I was diagnosed with a rhabdomyosarcoma - a cancerous tumor of the body’s soft tissue. I had to have several surgeries and went through a year of chemotherapy. We went to the hospital almost every week that year. My hair fell out a few times, but when it came back my parents let me grow it out until it was long and curly, and I loved it!
 
In January 2011, at 6 ½ years old, I was diagnosed with a recurrence of the cancer. I had lost a lot of weight and wasn’t eating or drinking because the tumor had grown so big in my belly that there was no room for stuff to get into my stomach. I felt really yucky for a while, and we had to spend a long time in the hospital. The worst part was not being at home and missing my family, especially my little sister, Trinity. She is my best friend and has been with me through everything. I had another year of way stronger chemotherapy and radiation and had a lot of surgeries, too. Sometimes it was pretty scary. And sometimes I felt so happy because I had such great, loving people around me who wanted me to smile and feel better. My last treatment ever was December 31, 2012!
 
I have been blessed in so many ways throughout all of this. My body responded “miraculously” (my doctor’s word) to the medical treatment and supplemental care my parents gave me. At the very beginning, we all prayed for my body, and I think God is awesome for healing me! Trinity & I met some great friends, and we loved when people would make us feel special with an adventure or neat prizes. It made us smile so big and have fun even if we were stuck in my room at the hospital. I always remember that part. 

Even though I already overcame cancer, my whole family wants to still help other people that are going through what we went through. Please continue to help raise more money for research and support to prevent and cure this stuff so we can ALL overcome!

We really hope you will help us this year to raise $10,000 so we can do something cool for other kids facing cancer. We want to give them neat prizes, too! Because they deserve a good big smile.

Please click the link or scan the QR code to donate. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment